At Windale Primary School, we believe very strongly that every child should be provided with meals that are wholesome and locally sourced, exciting children as well as giving them the nutrition they need.
We give children a balanced choice of eating what they are familiar and happy with, alongside gentle temptation to try new things. We think food should be seasonal wherever possible and we source and use food from our own allotments when we can.
Please click here to view our latest Menu
To update your child's medical dietary requirements please click here
To pay for school meals via Arbor please use the following link: https://login.arbor.sc/
Once logged in select meals and top up your childs account. Money will be automatically deducted only on the days your child has selected to have a school meal.
Free School Meals
Is my child eligible?
From September 2014 all pupils in reception, year 1 and year 2 will be eligible for free school meals (FSMs).
Free school meals are also offered to children in years 3-6 whose parents receive:
- Income Support
- income based Employment & Support Allowance
- income based Jobseekers Allowance
- support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit provided your annual income as assessed by the Inland Revenue does not exceed £16,190 and provided that Working Tax Credit is not included.
We are not allowed to recognise any other benefit other than those mentioned above.
How to apply
Ask for an application form from your child’s school, complete it and return to the school together with proof of benefit so that your school can assess eligibility. Proof of benefit cannot be demonstrated by a bank statement or photocopies, only by an original of the following:
- Income Support - letter from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)/Jobcentre Plus dated within one month of application showing breakdown of income support payment.
- Income Based Employment & Support Allowance - letter from DWP/Jobcentre Plus dated within one month of application.
- Child Tax Credit (without Working Tax Credit and 'annual income as assessed by the Inland Revenue' of below the threshold figure for the year) - All pages of the TC602 Inland Revenue tax credit award notice for the current tax year.
- State pension credit - Pension Credit M1000 Award Notice.
Asylum seekers will need to provide a National Asylum and Support Service (NASS) support notice or IS96 document including details of authority providing support under part IV of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999. You will be required to supply:
- NASS reference number
- Port reference number
- Name of authority
When to apply
You should apply to your school when you first start to receive benefit as claims are not backdated. Your eligibility will be reviewed at least every six months by the school.
You should notify the school immediately if any changes occur to your benefits.